Sunday, June 23, 2013

Amazing Thailand

Amazing Thailand is located on Hennepin Avenue South between Lake Street and 31st Street in Uptown. I really enjoy their pad thai. They also have really good cream cheese wontons that come with a sweet and sour sauce that is much better than the corn syrupy sauce that is often served with cream cheese wontons. When I went there for this blog post, I ordered the jalapeno cream cheese wontons, which were like the normal wontons, but with an extra kick of jalapeno flavor. I ordered pad thai with chicken as my main course. Pad thai is made with pho noodles, a type of rice noodle, eggs, fish sauce, tamarind juice, red chili pepper, bean sprouts, tofu, and meat of your choice. It is garnished with crushed peanuts and lime. Amazing Thailand serves large portions, which I enjoy, as I have a big appetite, and because it's nice to be able to take some food home with you to eat later. I ordered the mango coconut sticky rice for dessert, which was served in a boat-shaped dish. It was very sweet and was made up of sticky rice drizzled with coconut sauce and with mango slices on the side. The restaurant also serves a lunch buffet during the week, which is only ten dollars, where they serve a variety of dishes ranging from pad thai and curry to a salad buffet and fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment