Sunday, July 14, 2013

Glam Doll Donuts

Glam Doll Donuts is one of those places where you go and want to try everything they have, but then always go with what you have had before because it was so good last time. It is located at 26th and Nicollet on Eat Street. It won the City Pages' award for the best donuts in the Twin Cities, and I definitely agree with that award.I have tried the Calendar Girl, which is a raised donut with chocolate icing and salted caramel on top. I think this is my favorite donut that I've had from there. I always enjoy chocolate and caramel, and this combination on top of a delicious donut is just perfect. I also really like the Cosmopolitan Girl, which is a chocolate cake donut with peanut butter icing on the donut and chocolate icing drizzled over the peanut butter icing. Another favorite of mine is the Misfit, which is a raised donut with orange, ginger, and cinnamon infused glaze. It sounds a bit strange, but is excellent without being quite as sweet as some of the other flavors. I still need to tear myself away from my favorites to try one of the donuts with bacon on them, which I have heard are very good.
 The Cosmopolitan Girl, a chocolate cake donut with peanut butter and chocolate icing
My favorite donut, the Calendar Girl, a raised donut with chocolate icing and salted caramel, above, and below, the Cosmopolitan Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment