Friday, May 31, 2013

The Birdhouse

I went to the Birdhouse at 25th and Hennepin with my friend Patty on Thursday for lunch. It was the first time I had gone there. It is in what used to be a residential house, but it has been re-purposed into a restaurant. From the inside, you can tell that it used to a house, too, but that lends it kind of a nice atmosphere. I ordered the lamb burger with yogurt and cilantro sauce, and Patty ordered the roast beet salad. We also order their "westies" (fries), which are served with aioli, to split. Patty's salad looked very artistic, it included beets, goat cheese, some type of sprouts, and a balsamic vinaigrette. She let me try some and it was very good. I felt like the portion was a little small, though. My burger was good; the yogurt-cilantro sauce was quite delicious. It was served with some fries. We both agreed that we would have preferred somewhat crispier fries, as the fries were kind of soggy, but it does say on the menu that the fries are in the style of In-N-Out, where I have not been, so the Birdhouse is probably staying true to that. So maybe don't order the fries if you like crispy fries. My friend said that their cocktails are good, too, I thought I would pass on them at the time since it was noon. The cocktails have interesting flavor combinations, such as white pepper, lavender, and chamomile infused vodka, ginger beer, and lemon bitters, which are in a drink called The Raven. Apparently they make their own lemon-lime and cream sodas, too. I definitely want to go back there to try more of their drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment