Friday, May 24, 2013

The Uptown Diner

This morning I went to the Uptown Diner (26th and Hennepin) with my friend for breakfast. I really like going there because it has really good breakfast food, a lot of different options ranging from sweet to savory, friendly, competent servers, a pleasant atmosphere, large portions, and reasonable prices. I got the Crab Cake Benedict, which was basically  two eggs benedict, but with crab cakes instead of ham, so an english muffin with a slice of tomato and a crab cake with hollandaise sauce. The eggs benedict were served with hash browns. My friend got two chocolate chip cookie dough pancakes, which she said were good. Sorry, I started eating the food before I remember to take the picture. My food was only about ten dollars, which I thought was reasonable, considering how large the portion was, and I even took some of it home with me because I didn't finish it all. We then went across the street to the Tea Garden and got bubble tea. I got green tea with lychee and peach flavoring and tapioca pearls. It was a good mixture of sweet and sour flavors with the zing of the lychee and the sweetness of the peach flavoring.